Located close to Houston and Austin, Bryan, TX, offers a wonderful blend of traditional charm, modern conveniences, and phenomenal weather. You’ll also find diverse job opportunities in Bryan and a relatively low cost of living. If you’re moving to Bryan soon (or thinking about it) and want to know more about the city before you arrive, the information below is perfect! It’s everything you need to know about why people love living in Bryan, Texas, brought to you by the storage experts at SecurCare Self Storage. To discover all of the wonderful reasons people love Bryan, read on!
Bryan’s Cost of Living is Truly Affordable
While Texas isn’t known as the most affordable state in the country, Bryan is still genuinely an affordable city! The overall cost of living index, 86/100, will tell you that! Plus, the housing cost index is 67/100, 33 points lower than the U.S. average, making Bryan one of the most affordable towns in the state! Except for healthcare and miscellaneous, which are slightly higher than the national average.
The Weather is Excellent
Undoubtedly, the weather is one of the most appealing aspects of living in Bryan, Texas. Here, you’ll find mild, warm winters and a lovely spring and fall. Yes, it gets swelteringly hot in summer, but not for an extended time. Compared to most other cities in Texas, you won’t find the typical extreme temperature swings here in Bryan.
Outdoor Activities to Enjoy
You’ll find plenty of activities and entertainment in Bryan, including its vibrant downtown area. Culture, art, and history await you there, and there are several excellent parks. Bryan also hosts several exciting events and festivals throughout the year that bring the local music, cuisine, and arts to life! Below are several of the best activities and events in the city.
- First Friday- Held on the first Friday of each month, this event transforms Downtown Bryan into a lively spot with live music, street performers, and local vendors.
- Texas Reds Steak & Grape Festival- This annual event celebrates Texas’ wine, steak, and craft beer with live music, food vendors, and activities for all.
- Downtown Street & Art Fair- Showcasing local artists and artisans, this fair features art displays, live demonstrations, and hands-on art activities.
- Brazos Valley Worldfest- Celebrating cultural diversity, this festival includes international cuisine, cultural displays, and performances.
- Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo- A traditional Texan experience with rodeo events, carnival rides, livestock shows, and live entertainment.
- Movies in the Park- Enjoy free outdoor movie screenings at various parks around the city.
- Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting- A festive event to ring in the holiday season with a parade, tree lighting, and a visit from Santa Claus!
- Juneteenth Celebrations- Commemorating the end of slavery in the United States with parades, historical presentations, and community gatherings.
- Boonville Days- A heritage festival featuring living history demonstrations, traditional crafts, and Texas history exhibits.
- Bryan’s Downtown Farmers Market- A weekly event featuring local farmers and artisans with their fresh produce, handmade goods, and more.
The Public Education System in Bryan is Very Good
It would be a stretch to say that the public school system in Bryan is first class, but it gets an outstanding grade from Niche. Wellborn Middle School, for example, gets an A+ and is the #26 best public middle school in Texas. Bryan Collegiate High School is another school with an A+ and is the #192 best public high school in the state.
Job Opportunities are Plentiful
Bryan boasts a robust and diverse job market with plenty of education, agriculture, healthcare, and technology opportunities. The city is also very close to several major universities and has a steadily growing economy, making it attractive for professionals from many industries. Lastly, Bryan has a solid entrepreneurial spirit and is known to support small businesses and startups with gusto!
Close to Houston and Austin, TX
With just over 85,000 souls, Bryan is a mid-sized Texas city with many amenities and attractions. However, there’s no denying that both Houston and Austin offer quite a bit more of both! That includes attractions, museums, sports teams, shopping, cuisine, and entertainment. Also, many folks who live in Bryan commute into one of the two cities, which can significantly expand your horizons regarding finding employment.
Most Neighborhoods in Bryan are Affordable, Quiet, and Safe
As with most Texas towns, Bryan has a wide variety of neighborhoods with unique feel, vibe, and affordability factors. While we suggest doing your due diligence if you move here and looking at as many neighborhoods as possible, the 8 below are considered some of the best!
- Traditions- Known for luxurious homes, this neighborhood is ideal for those seeking an upscale living experience.
- Downtown Bryan- Offers a blend of historic charm and modern conveniences.
- East Side- East Side is popular for its affordable housing and proximity to Texas A&M University.
- Austin’s Colony- Boasts well-maintained parks, good schools, and a strong sense of community.
- Copperfield- This established neighborhood is known for its spacious homes, large lots, and beautifully landscaped streets.
- Miramont- Perfect for those seeking an exclusive and serene environment.
- Wheeler Ridge- Popular among families, Wheeler Ridge offers a variety of affordable housing options.
- Boonville- Boonville is a growing area known for its new construction and offers modern living in a developing community.
Store Your Things Safely in Bryan with SecurCare Self Storage
If you’ve just arrived and need to safely store your belongings in Bryan while searching for a new home, SecurCare Self Storage is your best choice! At SecurCare, you’ll find the top security, safety, and convenience features in the self storage industry! We hope our information today has given you the insight you were searching for in the lovely city of Bryan, Texas!