Is your fridge running out of the room from mounds of merry mail? We have a crafty storage solution for you—a DIY Christmas card holder!
Showcase cards from friends and family with this inexpensive DIY. The best part is that you can customize its color and style to fit the rest of your holiday house décor.
Here’s how to make your very own DIY Christmas cardholder:
- Scrap cardboard in the size of your choice: Find your own around the house or buy one from a local craft store.
- Spray paint in your color of choice
- Acrylic accent paint in the color(s) of your choice
- Mini-ornaments or holiday-themed decorations
- Small clothespins: We found decorative ones with lights for $1.
Spray paint your cardboard. For best results, apply 3-4 light coats a few minutes apart.
Once dry, use a pencil to trace your design on the cardboard. Get creative! Draw patterns, words or both. Remember, your cards will take up most of the canvas, so keep words small and near the edges.
Use your acrylic paint and brushes to bring your design to life. Allow at least 6 hours to dry.
Secure the string on the back with a piece of tape or hot glue. Wrap the string around the cardboard, avoiding any key patterns or words. Add your hanging decorations as you go.
Finally, add your clothespins and display your cards of holiday cheer!
Enjoy your DIY Christmas card holder! More crafty storage solutions: